The East Fishkill Town Hall, Community Center and Lime Kiln Fitness Facility will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2013 for Memorial Day. The Son's of Italy Community Festival will be opened on Monday, May 27, 2013, 1:00pm - 8:00pm.
Animal Control Officer: Josephine
Phone: (845) 226-5400
The Local Law concerning dogs provides that all dogs must receive rabies shots and be legally licensed by the age of four months.
- It is unlawful for any dog to run at large unless the dog is accompanied by its owner or a responsible person able to control it by command.
- Loud or incessant barking is considered a nuisance.
- Harassment by a dog is also a violation.
- All dogs must have adequate shelter, food and water.
- Female dogs in heat must be confined in a protective enclosure on the confines of the owner.
The enforcement of the local law is achieved though the observation of the violation by the authorities or through the deposition on the complaint before the Dog Officer and Town Justice. Dogs cannot be picked up merely on a telephone complaint. Dog bites must be reported to the Dog Control Officer because of the danger of rabies.